- Are you wise?
- Do you want to be wise?
- Matthew 7:24 describes what a wise person does.
- A wise person is someone who "listens and follows".
- In the Amplified version it reads like this, "So everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them".
- It is not enough to just know Jesus' teachings.
- It's not enough just to attend church.
- It's not enough to have a head knowledge.
- There must be follow up action.
- Those who truly know God are the ones who ACT!
- You've heard the phrase, "Actions speak louder than words." Well, this is true.
- You can know all about forgiveness and never forgive.
- You can know all about living a life of integrity but never live it out for yourself.
- Jesus is calling you to a higher level of living!
- He is saying that it is not enough to just know about Him and His ways. There is a point in which you must enter in.
- You must act on what you know!
- The wise person is the person who is eternally minded.
- It's the person who realizes that there is more to life than just the hear and now.
- The wise person is the person who hears and acts!
- The wise person doesn't just hear God say, You must "Be holy, because I am holy.” (1 Peter 1:16)
- The wise person says, "I know that is impossible on my own so I am going to surrender my life to Jesus and allow His Holy Spirit to produce that kind of life in me."
- The Bible describes this person as the person who "builds a house on solid rock."
- That person has a faith that is rock solid and can withstand any storm that they face.
- They will stand strong through any financial, emotional, physical or spiritual storm that they face.
- Instead of collapsing and complaining, they will thrive and grow spiritually stronger.
- They will see the storms of life as an opportunity for Growth.
- Today, examine your life and see if there are areas that you need to grow.
- Choose to be wise!
- Choose to listen to Jesus and follow.
- Act on what you know.
- Have a great Tuesday!
“Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock." Matthew 7:24
"All Israel passed by until the whole nation had completed the crossing on dry ground. (Joshua 3:17 NIV)
"For everyone who keeps on asking [persistently], receives; and he who keeps on seeking [persistently], finds; and to him who keeps on knocking [persistently], the door will be opened.” (LUKE 11:10 AMP)
"We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are." (Romans 3:22 NLT)
- Today the middle of the week and it's a great day for a fresh start!
- Have you been beating yourself up because of past mistakes or failures?
- Romans says that you are made right by believing with personal trust and confident reliance on Jesus Christ.
- Don't let your past direct your future.
- Make yesterday the Last Day that you live condemning yourself!
- That is part of being Consecrated... Consecrated means being "Set Apart" for God.
- Jesus says, "you are set apart for me, for my purpose."
- Romans 8:1 says, "There is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death."
- The same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead is now alive in you once you place your faith & trust in Him.
- You are cleansed!
- You are forgiven!
- You are Restored!
- You are healed!
- You are new!
- Remind yourself of who you are!
- Believe it and receive it!
- It's all because of what Jesus has done.
- When God looks at you, He looks at you through the blood of Jesus.
- Guilt has no place in your life.
- Condemnation has no place in your life.
- Unforgiveness has no place in your life.
- If it's not in Christ, then it shouldn't be in you.
- You choose how you want to live.
- If you feel like you need a fresh start this morning, then take advantage of the Blood of Jesus and what He has Done for you.
- Grab hold of His mercy & Grace.
- If you need it - use it!
- Choose to live guilt free today.
- Have a great Wednesday!
"Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, ior stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers. But they delight in the law of the LORD, meditating on it day and night. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do." (Psalm 1:1-3 NLT)
- Do you want to prosper and be successful ?
- Of course, who doesn't...
- How you define success is the question.
- Matt. 16:26 says, "And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?
- You could be the richest and most important person in the world, but if you don't have a relationship with Christ it is meaningless.
- Don't chase after money, success or fame...
- Don't chase after anything, except for this one thing...
- Chase after Jesus! That's what this time of praying and fasting at the beginning of the year is all about.
- Make Him the first person you talk to in the morning.
- Get alone with Him
- Receive Wisdom from Him
- Get Guidance from Him
- Receive His unconditional Love and acceptance.
- Fill up on Hope from Him
- Love the things He loves and hate the things He hates.
- Go after a relationship with Him as if it is the most important thing you could ever do!
- Dive, head first into God's Word!
- That's what it means to "Delight" in the Law of the Lord.
- Study God's Word, desire it, meditate on it!
- Then, you will be firmly planted and rooted.
- Then, you will prosper in ALL you do!
- That is how you define SUCCESS!
- Have a great Weekend!
“Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God [set aside self-righteous pride], so that He may exalt you [to a place of honor in His service] at the appropriate time,”
1 PETER 5:6 AMP
"We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:5 NIV)
- If you started this year with many of us on a 21 day fast, then let me encourage you to keep going and to stay strong! We are right at the mid-way point.
- I has been all about making God FIRST!
- Making your spiritual life a priority.
- If you are going to thrive spiritually, then it begins with your thoughts.
- What negative thoughts have you allowed?
- This verse says that we are to take every thought captive.
- Take captive thoughts of lack, thoughts that say, "Impossible", thoughts that say you are not good enough, thoughts of condemnation and guilt that dwell on past failures...
- Take them Captive ...Seize them...and throw them out!
- Get rid of every negative thought.
- Psalm 139:14 says that we are to Praise God "for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it."
- There is nothing about you that is an accident.
- There is no past they he cannot redeem.
- There is no failure so great that He cannot restore.
- We serve a Healing God, and a Transforming God.
- 2 Cor. 5:17 says, "that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!"
- He wants to take that Old and make it New!
- If you keep thinking of your past failure then you will become a failure.
- If you keep reminding yourself of your Past then you will live in your past and never get out of it.
- So, today, take every single negative and defeated thought and redeem it.
- Throw out the Old and Put on the New!
- Choose to dwell on Gods love for you!
- Choose to focus on being an Overcomer!
- Choose to dwell on being More than a Conqueror.
- Let me remind you that you have a God, "Who forgives [every one of] all your iniquities, Who heals [each one of] all your diseases, Who redeems your life from the pit and corruption, Who beautifies, dignifies, and crowns you with loving-kindness and tender mercy! (Psalm 103:3, 4)
- Memorize those verses, dwell on those scriptures and internalize them.
- Take those thoughts captive and choose to dwell on Gods best!
- You have an exciting and blessed year ahead of you!
- Have a great Wednesday!
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.